Teen Tech Night is an evening designed for attendees to learn, share and collaborate. Maine Discovery Museum and the Foster Center for Student Innovation have come together to introduce information technologies to help learn how to identify a problem and work to create a solution to that problem through different Innovation Engineering exercises and prototyping.
Programs and workshops will include:
– Dr. Rafael Grossmann, explaining and demonstrating Google Glass and its application to his work.
– UTC teacher and students talking about the Maine Game and building a video game in 45 minutes.
– Coding with the Foster Center for Student Innovation.
– The University of Maine College of Engineering will have workshop involving Minecraft and programming.
– A display of “antique” computers and operating systems, with a presentation on Moore’s Law, by Marshall Grover of the State’s Office of Information Technology.
The suggested audience for this event: Middle school and high school aged students only.
Maine Discovery Museum is located at 74 Main Street in downtown Bangor.