The Maine Science Festival is focused on celebrating and highlighting the science that happens in Maine on a daily basis, primarily through our Festival celebrations in March. However, since we here at the MSF know that really great science is happening every day in Maine all over the state, we have created a series of events that are significantly smaller than a full festival: MSF Pop-up events. These can be a talk, a presentation, a film screening – something that you would expect to find during the Festival itself, but held in different locations around the state during other months. This allows us to keep a focus on Maine science throughout the year, and encourage people to join us at the full MSF.
The MSF Pop-up events are often done with MSF Partners, and allow us to continue highlighting the remarkable science happening in Maine year round. Some of the MSF Pop-up events double as fundraisers for the MSF, to help us ensure that we can keep the festival weekend available to all.
Our most recent MSF Pop-Up events, covering a range of different types of events and sciences:
– Physics of the Bicycle; Bangor
– Tap Takeover; Bangor
– Salmon in Maine; Bangor
– Aquaculture on Land; Bucksport
– There’s Science in My Beer; Portland
– Science behind Window Dressers; Bangor
– The Story Collider: Breaking Boundaries, with The 1932 Criterion Theatre; Bar Harbor
– Science of Cocktails; Bangor
– Manufacturing Business Showcase produced with Manufacturers Association of Maine; Biddeford
If you’re interested in hosting a MSF Pop-up Event, or would like to know more, email us at email@example.com