Friday Showcase Event
Hey middle schoolers – want to find out about the world of computers and information technology? Learn, share, collaborate, and explore cutting-edge software and web-based tools. There will be workshops and hands-on activities offered, and the program is designed for maximum engagement. Pizza dinner provided. Produced by Project>Login.
This is a FREE event. Space is limited Register Below!
Participating MSF Partners: Educate Maine, Husson University, Maine Discovery Museum, Project>Login, University of Maine.
- CashStar: the Freeport Coding Club lessons in building a Middle School coding club. You can follow the blog to see what is going on at http://falconcoding.org. Presented by John Sterling.
- Women in STEM (Computer Science and Engineering). A presentation about the history, education and career paths in computer science and engineering, as well as the research and experiences our presenters have had at UMaine as undergraduate and graduate students. Presented by ACM-W UMaine Chapter& UMaine Society of Women Engineers.
- Code.org. A workshop that will teach how to design and create games and mobile apps in AppLab and using block coding. Presented by Dani McAvoy.
- Manipulating the Web with Browser Tools. Hands-on activity (ongoing, drop-in). Exploration of development tools built into browsers. Presented by Husson University.
- Exploring Higher Dimensions Hands-on activity (ongoing, drop-in). Use your hands to play with 3 and 4 dimensional objects in Virtual Reality! Presented by University of Maine College of Education and Human Development.
- Learning to Code with Scratch. Come learn how to use Scratch, a visual programming language from MIT. We’ll cover the basics of coding and then participants will use Scratch to make their very own interactive computer game. Presented by Maine Math and Science Alliance
3D printing computer science hands-on information technology IT middle school presentation Showcase Event virtual reality website workshop